SOAP Username/Password

Oliver Cromm

I am trying to access a SOAP service described by a WSDL. Pinging goes
just fine. But when I try to get some real service, the server always
asks for my username.

As for parameters, the description just says "one string, one Hash".
I wonder about two things:

- Can I find out which keys I can use in the Hash (I know the meanings
and the values), or do I have to ask the service provider?
- Will the Username/Password be passed in the Hash too, or is there
another "usual" mechanism to do that?

Thanks for any tips.
--
Oliver Cromm
ruby -e'a=[];10.times{|n|a<<1;puts" "*(9-n)*3+"%6d"*-~n%a;

Oliver Cromm

Oliver Cromm wrote:

> I am trying to access a SOAP service described by a WSDL.

Sorry for my sloppy question, I provide more detail:

It is an Apache Axis Server. The parameter description is
<Sequence><...String><...Map></Sequence>

I try to send this as an Array ["...", {""=>"", ...}]. Am I on track
here?

The other question stays: is there a default way to handle
username/passwd in Axis, or are they passed as parameters?

--
Oliver C.