Any bug/issue trackers written in Ruby?

JD

Are there any free bug/issue trackers written in Ruby?

For comparison, Python has at least two really nice ones (trac and roundup):

http://www.edgewall...
http://roundup.source...

Even rubyonrails is using an issue-tracker written in Python (trac).
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/tra...
11 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:37:21 +0900, J. D. <jd@nospam.com> wrote:
> Are there any free bug/issue trackers written in Ruby?
>
> For comparison, Python has at least two really nice ones (trac and
> roundup):
>
> http://www.edgewall...
> http://roundup.source...
>
> Even rubyonrails is using an issue-tracker written in Python (trac).
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/tra...

Not yet as far as I know. I do plan on creating a Ruby port of Bug
Traction when I have more time, but at this moment, I simply don't
have the time to work on it. I will seriously be looking at the
available application frameworks when I do so (mostly for the
database layer, as I'm reasonably happy with the presentation layer
that I have for Ruwiki).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Kent Sibilev

I've been working on bug tracking system for sometime. This is the URL
of the demo version: http://bugtrack.ho.... If you are
interested, I can prepare the tar of the current source code.

Cheers,
Kent.
On Dec 12, 2004, at 1:37 PM, J. D. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any free bug/issue trackers written in Ruby?
>
> For comparison, Python has at least two really nice ones (trac and
> roundup):
>
> http://www.edgewall...
> http://roundup.source...
>
> Even rubyonrails is using an issue-tracker written in Python (trac).
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/tra...

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:17:58 +0900, Kent Sibilev <ksibilev@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I've been working on bug tracking system for sometime. This is the URL
> of the demo version: http://bugtrack.ho.... If you are
> interested, I can prepare the tar of the current source code.
>
> Cheers,
> Kent.

Very nice! I understood the entire application without needing to
think, and everything nicely laid out.

A few glitches here and there, but mostly very smooth and functional.

Do you plan on putting it up into RubyForge?

Regards,
Nick

yyuu

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:37:21 +0900, J. D. <jd@nospam.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any free bug/issue trackers written in Ruby?
>
> For comparison, Python has at least two really nice ones (trac and roundup):
>
> http://www.edgewall...
> http://roundup.source...
>
> Even rubyonrails is using an issue-tracker written in Python (trac).
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/tra...

I know a web-based bug tracking system named "Kagemai".

- http://sourceforge.jp/project...
- http://www.daifukuya.co... (Japanese)

But all documents are written in Japanese.

--
yyuu <subterranean.homesick@gmail.com>
RemDebuggerWiki -> http://www.mind.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/...

Kent Sibilev

Thanks. There are definitely a lot of things missing but I spent only
two week of doing it. I probably should create a project on RubyForge.
The only thing that I'm waiting for right now is for DHH to put up a
new version of Rails 0.9. So I can upgrade it and use some of those
shiny new features. :-)

Cheers,
Kent.

On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:00 AM, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:17:58 +0900, Kent Sibilev
> <ksibilev@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> I've been working on bug tracking system for sometime. This is the URL
>> of the demo version: http://bugtrack.ho.... If you are
>> interested, I can prepare the tar of the current source code.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kent.
>>

> Very nice! I understood the entire application without needing to
> think, and everything nicely laid out.
>
> A few glitches here and there, but mostly very smooth and functional.
>
> Do you plan on putting it up into RubyForge?
>
> Regards,
> Nick

dblack

Lloyd Zusman

"David A. Black" <dblack@wobblini.net> writes:

> Hi --
>
> I used to celebrate every 10000th message on this list, but that
> started to be sort of pointless as the volume increased.
>
> However, I do wish to point out that Kent's message was #123456.
>
> As the messages mount, and numerological coolness grows scarcer, we
> should savor such moments.

Well, there will be some lovely moments in another 148,372 and 190,703
messages (after #123456).

--
Lloyd Zusman
ljz@asfast.com

James Britt

David A. Black wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I used to celebrate every 10000th message on this list, but that
> started to be sort of pointless as the volume increased.
>
> However, I do wish to point out that Kent's message was #123456.
>
> As the messages mount, and numerological coolness grows scarcer, we
> should savor such moments.

So, do you have a Ruby app that parses each message number and examines
it for extra numerical flavor?

James

dblack

gabriele renzi

Lloyd Zusman ha scritto:
> "David A. Black" <dblack@wobblini.net> writes:
>

>>Hi --
>>
>>I used to celebrate every 10000th message on this list, but that
>>started to be sort of pointless as the volume increased.
>>
>>However, I do wish to point out that Kent's message was #123456.
>>
>>As the messages mount, and numerological coolness grows scarcer, we
>>should savor such moments.
>

> Well, there will be some lovely moments in another 148,372 and 190,703
> messages (after #123456).

well, Im waiting for 131.072 and 150.000. Worth noting that ruby-core is
approaching 4000, get the jackpot by sending patrches for the open bugs ;)