Compiling Ruby on OS X Tiger?

Lon Baker

12/11/2004 12:09:00 AM

Sorry if this is off topic for this list. But has anyone had luck
compiling Ruby 1.8.1 or any of the night builds on Mac OS X 10.4
"Tiger"?

The version included with Tiger appears to be broken in that it is
missing the zlib extension I believe.

--
Thanks.
Lon Baker

2 Answers

Michal Suchanek

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 09:09:14AM +0900, Lon Baker wrote:
> Sorry if this is off topic for this list. But has anyone had luck
> compiling Ruby 1.8.1 or any of the night builds on Mac OS X 10.4
> "Tiger"?
>
> The version included with Tiger appears to be broken in that it is
> missing the zlib extension I believe.
If you still did not succeed in building it have a look at the fink info
files or DarwinPorts makefiles.

They are for 10.3 (not sure about the darwinports) but there should not be much difference.

Also I would appreciate if somebody tested the info files on tiger since
I do not have it :)

some not too outdated info files can be found here (use just the
buildscript/installscript part)
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1025833&group_id=17203&a...

Thanks

Michal Suchanek

Robert Love

In <27326947-EB56-48AB-AA0D-4AA49079EDCB@speedymac.com> Lon Baker wrote:
> Sorry if this is off topic for this list. But has anyone had luck
> compiling Ruby 1.8.1 or any of the night builds on Mac OS X 10.4
> "Tiger"?
>
> The version included with Tiger appears to be broken in that it is
> missing the zlib extension I believe.

Well be sure and file a bug report before it is released.