Re: [QUIZ] Learning Tic-Tac-Toe (#11

Mohammad Khan

12/10/2004 9:50:00 PM

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 09:29, Ruby Quiz wrote:
> The three rules of Ruby Quiz:
>
> 1. Please do not post any solutions or spoiler discussion for this quiz until
>
> 2. Support Ruby Quiz by submitting ideas as often as you can:
>
> http://www.grayproductions.net/...
>
> 3. Enjoy!
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> This week's Ruby Quiz is to implement an AI for playing Tic-Tac-Toe, with a
> catch: You're not allowed to embed any knowledge of the game into your creation
> beyond how to make legal moves and recognizing that it has won or lost.
>
> Your program is expected to "learn" from the games it plays, until it masters
> the game and can play flawlessly.
>
> Submissions can have any interface, but should be able to play against humans
> interactively. However, I also suggest making it easy to play against another
> AI, so you can "teach" the program faster.
>
> Being able to monitor the learning progression and know when a program has
> mastered the game would be very interesting, if you can manage it.

Can I assume, it knows only the followings at the beginning:

1. How to make a move.
2. Board has come to winning position or not.

Thanks
MOhammad

--

[mkhan@localhost local]$ make love
make: *** No rule to make target `love'. Stop.

2 Answers

James Gray

On Dec 10, 2004, at 3:50 PM, Mohammad Khan wrote:

> Can I assume, it knows only the followings at the beginning:
>
> 1. How to make a move.
> 2. Board has come to winning position or not.

Sure. Assume away.

James Edward Gray II

Dick Davies

* Mohammad Khan <mkhan@lextranet.com> [1250 21:50]:
> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 09:29, Ruby Quiz wrote:
> > The three rules of Ruby Quiz:
> >
> > 1. Please do not post any solutions or spoiler discussion for this quiz until
> > 48 hours have passed from the time on this message.
> >
> > 2. Support Ruby Quiz by submitting ideas as often as you can:
> >
> > http://www.grayproductions.net/...
> >
> > 3. Enjoy!
> >
> > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> >
> > This week's Ruby Quiz is to implement an AI for playing Tic-Tac-Toe, with a
> > catch: You're not allowed to embed any knowledge of the game into your creation
> > beyond how to make legal moves and recognizing that it has won or lost.
> >
> > Your program is expected to "learn" from the games it plays, until it masters
> > the game and can play flawlessly.
> >
> > Submissions can have any interface, but should be able to play against humans
> > interactively. However, I also suggest making it easy to play against another
> > AI, so you can "teach" the program faster.
> >
> > Being able to monitor the learning progression and know when a program has
> > mastered the game would be very interesting, if you can manage it.
>
> Can I assume, it knows only the followings at the beginning:
>
> 1. How to make a move.
> 2. Board has come to winning position or not.

When I did this a while ago, I used libneural and the ai learnt what a good move
was from what the human player did in a given position.

The Board itself knows when someone has one, so all the AI does is make moves
and train based on the board state.

--
You were doing well until everyone died - God