[ANN] ruby-sphere-0.1.0 for planning astronomical observations

Daigo Tomono

12/9/2004 11:16:00 PM

Dear All,

I would like to announce a first release of ruby-sphere: a set of
libraries and user interfaces to calculate apparent positions of stars
with a moderate accuracy.

Please have a look at the project homepage
http://ruby-sphere.source...
and download the package from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-sphere/ruby-sphere-0.1.0.tar.g...

The goal of ruby-sphere is to to provide an easy way to plan
astronomical observations. The release 0.1.0 contains a set of libraries
to plot visibility maps and a sample script to be edited for your own
application. Ruby version 1.8.x is recommended. Gnuplot is required to
plot visibility maps.

Best regards,
Daigo

__________________________________
STOP HIV/AIDS.
Yahoo! JAPAN Redribbon Campaign
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/...

4 Answers

Windowwasher

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com> wrote in message
> On Aug 19, 3:38 pm, "Windowwasher" <windowwas...@somewhere.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just heard a USA Network ad that says after a rest Covert Affairs will be
>> resuming this Fall. No date given.
>
> Cool - I can totally ignore it against regular network fare, then. ;p

H8r :)

Anim8rFSK

In article
<1651d77e-4efa-4c05-9c3a-80794f961cf0@x11g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 3:38?pm, "Windowwasher" <windowwas...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just heard a USA Network ad that says after a rest Covert Affairs will be
> > resuming this Fall. No date given.
>
> Cool - I can totally ignore it against regular network fare, then. ;p

What about the Dudeck?

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Ian J. Ball

On Aug 19, 9:10 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <1651d77e-4efa-4c05-9c3a-80794f961...@x11g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 19, 3:38 pm, "Windowwasher" <windowwas...@somewhere.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just heard a USA Network ad that says after a rest Covert Affairs will be
> > > resuming this Fall. No date given.
>
> > Cool - I can totally ignore it against regular network fare, then.  ;p
>
> What about the Dudeck?

You all got her fired, remember?!! >:/

Ian (Besides - even if Dudek sticks around in this show, she's not in
it enough for me to skip, say, "The Mentalist" in favor of this piece
of flotsam of a show!!...)

Anim8rFSK

In article
<1a191213-9c31-4862-a351-739a0248c392@s35g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 9:10?pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <1651d77e-4efa-4c05-9c3a-80794f961...@x11g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > ?"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > Cool - I can totally ignore it against regular network fare, then. ?;p
> >
> > What about the Dudeck?
>
> You all got her fired, remember?!! >:/

That wasn't just wishful thinking?

> Ian (Besides - even if Dudek sticks around in this show, she's not in
> it enough for me to skip, say, "The Mentalist" in favor of this piece
> of flotsam of a show!!...)

She's in it enough for me to skip this jetsam of a show.