Howard

8/14/2002 6:26:00 PM

This problem has been posted many times but I can't seem
to find the answer to solve my problem at all. I am very
new to MMIT so if any one could provide me with a step by
step solution on how to solve this problem that would
really helpful. I got ASP.net and everything working fine
except MMIT.

Thank you very much for any help.

Howard

Here is the error message,

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration
section 'mobileControls'

Source Error:

Line 80: This is required for forms
authentication to work on
cookieless devices.
Line 81: -->
Line 82: <mobileControls
cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.Cookieless
Data" />
Line 83:
Line 84: <deviceFilters>

2 Answers

Frank Tse \(MS\)

Did the error happen the first time you requested a mobile page and it
persisted? i.e. MIT never worked for you after the installation.

Did the problem persist after reinstallation of MMIT?

I would guess that may be some assembly wasn't installed properly. Could
you please send the machine.config file to me and I'll try to repro?

Thanks,
Frank
http://w...
rights."

"Howard" <hou@icgroupinc.com> wrote in message
> This problem has been posted many times but I can't seem
> to find the answer to solve my problem at all. I am very
> new to MMIT so if any one could provide me with a step by
> step solution on how to solve this problem that would
> really helpful. I got ASP.net and everything working fine
> except MMIT.
>
> Thank you very much for any help.
>
> Howard
>
> Here is the error message,
>
> Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration
> section 'mobileControls'
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 80: This is required for forms
> authentication to work on
> cookieless devices.
> Line 81: -->
> Line 82: <mobileControls
> cookielessDataDictionaryType="System.Web.Mobile.Cookieless
> Data" />
> Line 83:
> Line 84: <deviceFilters>

Howard