Chris Moore

8/13/2002 4:52:00 PM

I'm developing an application, using the Calendar control, to run on both a
Compaq iPaq (colour display) and a Intermec 700 Series (monochrome display).

The issue that has arisen is that it's impossible to see what date has been
selected on the device with a monochrome display. When I select a date,
normal behavior on devices with colour displays is to shade the selected
date cell. For some reason this shading is not being translated into
monochrome.

Has anyone managed to use the calendar control on a monochrome screen? Any
ideas on how to go about this?

I've also experimented with changing the Calendar Control's Backcolor and
Forecolor property. This seems to have no effect on the display of the
calendar on either device. Looking at the HTML source generated these
colours are set at the table level. Does this mean that IE on mobile
devices doesn't support setting styles at the table level?

style="color:White;background-color:Black;border-width:1px;border-style:soli
d;font-size:Medium;border-collapse:collapse;">

Any assistance would be appreciated,
Chris