ODBC .NET Data Provider needs what MDAC Version?

Joel Blake

8/7/2002 10:43:00 PM

I was looking at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sam...
l=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/668/msdncompositedoc.xml and towards the bottom of the
page it says ODBC .NET Data Provider requires the installation of MDAC 2.7
or higher.

I am running W2K with IIS 5.0 with MDAC 2.6 and want to load .NET Framework
and ASP.NET on the server.

Do I need to upgrade to MDAC 2.7 or is this article saying you only need
MDAC 2.7 or higher when you install ODBC .NET on the Client with Visual
Studio?

3 Answers

Bob Beauchemin

Last time(s) I tried it, installing the .NET Framework installs MDAC 2.7 as
a prereq.

Bob Beauchemin
http://staff.develo...

"Joel Blake" <joel.v.blake@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message
> I was looking at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sam...
> l=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/668/msdncompositedoc.xml and towards the bottom of
the
> page it says ODBC .NET Data Provider requires the installation of MDAC 2.7
> or higher.
>
> I am running W2K with IIS 5.0 with MDAC 2.6 and want to load .NET
Framework
> and ASP.NET on the server.
>
> Do I need to upgrade to MDAC 2.7 or is this article saying you only need
> MDAC 2.7 or higher when you install ODBC .NET on the Client with Visual
> Studio?

Inam [MS]

This means that you need to only install .NET framework, which is a hard
requirement.
this will take care of MDAC and IE version requirements itself.
regards
Inam [MS]

"Bob Beauchemin" <no_bobb_spam@develop.com> wrote in message
> Last time(s) I tried it, installing the .NET Framework installs MDAC 2.7
as
> a prereq.
>
> Bob Beauchemin
> http://staff.develo...
>

> "Joel Blake" <joel.v.blake@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message
> > I was looking at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sam...
> > l=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/668/msdncompositedoc.xml and towards the bottom of
> the
> > page it says ODBC .NET Data Provider requires the installation of MDAC
2.7
> > or higher.
> >
> > I am running W2K with IIS 5.0 with MDAC 2.6 and want to load .NET
> Framework
> > and ASP.NET on the server.
> >
> > Do I need to upgrade to MDAC 2.7 or is this article saying you only need
> > MDAC 2.7 or higher when you install ODBC .NET on the Client with Visual
> > Studio?

Joel Blake

I installed .NET Framework and ASP.NET and I still have MDAC 2.6. Will
.NET Framework and ASP.NET run on MDAC 2.6?