Richard Hatt

8/4/2002 3:40:00 PM

I have been searching for information on how to utilise
any JavaScript support by client browsers when using
Mobile controls, but the MIT documentation is extremely
poor in this area.

Recently, someone posted an example of adding script for
WML browsers using <do> and <go> within <ScriptTemplate>
tags, but I've found no documentation on these tags, or
examples using JavaScript.

Can anyone please provide some advice (or documentation
references) on;

a) How to define JavaScript in ScriptTemplate tags?

b) How to add ScriptTemplates programmatically (eg for
the Form control)?

c) How to add calls to JavaScript functions from events
(onClick, onBlur, etc) in other Mobile controls?

There are many advantages in using the Mobile webcontrols
for HTML3.2 devices such as the PocketPC and other
Windows CE devices, as they are designed to cater for
small screens (automatic control sizing, pagination,
ObjectList as an alternative to the DataGrid, device
independence, etc). However, good user interfaces rely
on the ability to utilise scripting, where the client
supports it. Surely it must be possible.

Rgds
Richard Hatt