Can ce .net web server run asp.net apps?

markbucci

8/2/2002 8:10:00 PM

I need to build a database driven questionaire that runs
in a browser on a viewsonic ce .net device (air panel).

I would like to use asp.net to generate web forms.
However this application needs to be able to run and
collect data even when it is disconnected from internet.
So I would like to connect to local web server in that
case.

I know that CE .NET hase some kind web server that
supports ASP pages. But I'm not sure if it supports
ASP.NET.

Can you run asp.net application on local web server in
ce .net?
2 Answers

(Mike Moore (MS))

Hi Mark,

QUESTION
Can the WinCE .NET web server host asp.net apps?

ANSWER
A beta version of the .NET Compact Framework is available.

You can view more information about the beta at gotdotnet.com.
http://www.gotdotnet.com/t...
http://www.gotdotnet.com/t...beta.aspx

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

Frank Tse \(MS\)

According to the .NET Compact Framework FAQ
(http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netc...), it cannot host ASP.NET
pages.

Frank
http://w...