Session class not holding on WAP phones.

msnews.microsoft.com

7/30/2002 11:55:00 AM

I have coded as such:
Login.aspx
##
Session["UserID"] = tbxUserId.Text;
RedirectToMobilePage("Authenticated.aspx");
##
Authenticated.aspx
##
int linNew = lobNew.GetMsgCntByFlg(Session["UserID"], "N");
##

It works fine in browsers and the UPSDK emulator. However, if I run it on a
Motorola A6188, there'd be a null pointer exception when calling out the
session variable.

Any ideas? Cheers.
Thim

(remove the no-spam for actual email)

2 Answers

msnews.microsoft.com

You're right.. sorta... Seems that the provider doesn't support cookies.
Munged URLs seems to make it work, but when I put it with my main app, it
breaks... haven't figured that out yet.

Cheers,
Thim

"Jeff" <jeff@nospam.gingertom.com> wrote in message

> "msnews.microsoft.com" <thim@mecatronsb.com.no-spam> wrote in message
> > I have coded as such:
> > Login.aspx
> > ##
> > Session["UserID"] = tbxUserId.Text;
> > RedirectToMobilePage("Authenticated.aspx");
> > ##
> > Authenticated.aspx
> > ##
> > int linNew = lobNew.GetMsgCntByFlg(Session["UserID"], "N");
> > ##
> >
> > It works fine in browsers and the UPSDK emulator. However, if I run it
on
> > Motorola A6188, there'd be a null pointer exception when calling out the
> > session variable.
> >
> > Any ideas? Cheers.
> > Thim
> >

> Is this perhaps that the phone doesn't support cookies where the emulator
> does?
>
> > (remove the no-spam for actual email)

Jeff

> You're right.. sorta... Seems that the provider doesn't support cookies.
> Munged URLs seems to make it work, but when I put it with my main app, it
> breaks... haven't figured that out yet.

Yeah that's it - I remember now. It's been a while since I had the problem.
Damn that memory. Anywho....Yes it's a combination of phone and gateway that
screws sessions. What we did on our project was to use our own sessionid,
generated for the point of entry card which the device stored as a device
variable. Then that sessionid was tagged on the end of any urls.