Speed up the load-time in a datagrid -VB .NET

Mette Dickinson

7/28/2002 9:05:00 PM

My form is connected to an Access database and one of the tables there. All
the records in this table is also shown in the datagrid in my form, but the
time it takes to load all the information from the database and into the
datagrid is way too slow.

I've put the load-code of the data in the form_load code.

These solutions have already been tried:

- To identical forms - one connected to the SQL-version of the database, the
other connected to the Access-version.
- With or without indexation of the tables.
- Load of the data into the grid with both a button or on form_load.

All these solutions gave me a 20 seconds loadtime into the datagrid with a
table existing of two columns and 3700 records.

Am I being an optimist thinking I could load 3700 records into a datagrid in
now-time? :-)

Mette Dickinson