Ruby in the Rainy City (2nd and final notice

pat eyler

12/7/2004 7:01:00 PM

(2nd notice ... it's this Saturday if you're in the area, you should
swing by ...
it'll be worth the effort)

The Seattle.rb would like to invite you to attend the first Pacific
Northwest Ruby Meeting -- Ruby in the Rainy City:
Saturday, 11 December 2004
starting at 1PM
in the Omni Development, Inc. offices in Seattle
(directions are at www.zenspider.com/seattle.rb)

There will be a live demo/presentation of ruby on rails, and
presentations on ruby2c and parseTree by the authors. Following the
presentations, we'll do random ruby related, or not (a pair of
seattle.rb folks will be bringing the kit to run 8 way halo2), stuff
until heading out for a 6 PM dinner.

Hopefully, we will see some of our friends from pdx.rb and from
Vancouver, BC.

Come see why the Pacific Northwest is such a great place to play with
Ruby.

-pate

10 Answers

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 1:29 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 5:04 pm, Nick Youngh <dejonghn...@live.nl> wrote:
>

> > On 22 jan, 20:50, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/1...
>
> > Chapter 11
> > The Nephite monetary system is set forth—Amulek contends with Zeezrom—
> > Christ will not save people in their sins—Only those who inherit the
> > kingdom of heaven are saved—All men will rise in immortality—There is
> > no death after the Resurrection. About 82 B.C.
>
> > According to the BoM itself, the BoM was situated in the old world and
> > not in the new world
> > "1Nephi 18:23 and we arrived at the "promissed land" Israël".
> > Beside Israël there is another Jewish land in the BoM: Zarahemlah,
> > Tsarenheim, possibly thr forgotten Jewish nomad empire of the Russian
> > Jews.
> > With this knowledge I have identified almost all events, persons and
> > countries of the BoM. not in the new world but in the
> > old world. All these identifications are specified and argumented on
> > my own website, of which will give a link on my next posting.
> > In the Middle East in 82 BC raged the 3 Mithridatic wars and I will
> > give below under the verses my decoding of them.> 1 Now it was in the law of Mosiah
>
> > Mosiah was the historic king Mithridates 6 of Pont
>
> > >  5 Now the reckoning is thus—a senine of gold, a seon of gold, a shum
> > > of gold, and a limnah of gold.
>
> > >  6 A senum of silver, an amnor of silver, an ezrom of silver, and an
> > > onti of silver.
>
> > >  7 A senum of silver was equal to a senine of gold, and either for a
> > > measure of barley, and also for a measure of every kind of grain.
>
> > >  8 Now the amount of a seon of gold was twice the value of a senine.
>
> > >  9 And a shum of gold was twice the value of a seon.
>
> > >  10 And a limnah of gold was the value of them all.
>
> > >  11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.
>
> > >  12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.
>
> > >  13 And an onti was as great as them all.
>
> > >  14 Now this is the value of the lesser numbers of their reckoning—
>
> > >  15 A shiblon is half of a senum; therefore, a shiblon for half a
> > > measure of barley.
>
> > >  16 And a shiblum is a half of a shiblon.
>
> > >  17 And a leah is the half of a shiblum.
>
> > >  18 Now this is their number, according to their reckoning.
>
> > >  19 Now an antion of gold is equal to three shiblons.
>
> > As I explained on my own website this is the binair system of the
> > hequat an Egyptian grain measure.
>
> It appears there may be some similarity.
>
> It mentions grain etc.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/R... Hide quoted text -

You just have to use the LCD.

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 1:29 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 5:04 pm, Nick Youngh <dejonghn...@live.nl> wrote:
>

> > On 22 jan, 20:50, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/1...
>
> > Chapter 11
> > The Nephite monetary system is set forth—Amulek contends with Zeezrom—
> > Christ will not save people in their sins—Only those who inherit the
> > kingdom of heaven are saved—All men will rise in immortality—There is
> > no death after the Resurrection. About 82 B.C.
>
> > According to the BoM itself, the BoM was situated in the old world and
> > not in the new world
> > "1Nephi 18:23 and we arrived at the "promissed land" Israël".
> > Beside Israël there is another Jewish land in the BoM: Zarahemlah,
> > Tsarenheim, possibly thr forgotten Jewish nomad empire of the Russian
> > Jews.
> > With this knowledge I have identified almost all events, persons and
> > countries of the BoM. not in the new world but in the
> > old world. All these identifications are specified and argumented on
> > my own website, of which will give a link on my next posting.
> > In the Middle East in 82 BC raged the 3 Mithridatic wars and I will
> > give below under the verses my decoding of them.> 1 Now it was in the law of Mosiah
>
> > Mosiah was the historic king Mithridates 6 of Pont
>
> > >  5 Now the reckoning is thus—a senine of gold, a seon of gold, a shum
> > > of gold, and a limnah of gold.
>
> > >  6 A senum of silver, an amnor of silver, an ezrom of silver, and an
> > > onti of silver.
>
> > >  7 A senum of silver was equal to a senine of gold, and either for a
> > > measure of barley, and also for a measure of every kind of grain.
>
> > >  8 Now the amount of a seon of gold was twice the value of a senine.
>
> > >  9 And a shum of gold was twice the value of a seon.
>
> > >  10 And a limnah of gold was the value of them all.
>
> > >  11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.
>
> > >  12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.
>
> > >  13 And an onti was as great as them all.
>
> > >  14 Now this is the value of the lesser numbers of their reckoning—
>
> > >  15 A shiblon is half of a senum; therefore, a shiblon for half a
> > > measure of barley.
>
> > >  16 And a shiblum is a half of a shiblon.
>
> > >  17 And a leah is the half of a shiblum.
>
> > >  18 Now this is their number, according to their reckoning.
>
> > >  19 Now an antion of gold is equal to three shiblons.
>
> > As I explained on my own website this is the binair system of the
> > hequat an Egyptian grain measure.
>
> It appears there may be some similarity.
>
> It mentions grain etc.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/R... Hide quoted text -

Using the LCD it is 1, 2, 4.

Look at the silver reckoning:

11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.

12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.

13 And an onti was as great as them all.

senum = 1
amnor = 2
ezrom = 4

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 1:52 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 1:29 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Chapter 11
> > > The Nephite monetary system is set forth—Amulek contends with Zeezrom—
> > > Christ will not save people in their sins—Only those who inherit the
> > > kingdom of heaven are saved—All men will rise in immortality—There is
> > > no death after the Resurrection. About 82 B.C.
>
> > > According to the BoM itself, the BoM was situated in the old world and
> > > not in the new world
> > > "1Nephi 18:23 and we arrived at the "promissed land" Israël".
> > > Beside Israël there is another Jewish land in the BoM: Zarahemlah,
> > > Tsarenheim, possibly thr forgotten Jewish nomad empire of the Russian
> > > Jews.
> > > With this knowledge I have identified almost all events, persons and
> > > countries of the BoM. not in the new world but in the
> > > old world. All these identifications are specified and argumented on
> > > my own website, of which will give a link on my next posting.
> > > In the Middle East in 82 BC raged the 3 Mithridatic wars and I will
> > > give below under the verses my decoding of them.> 1 Now it was in the law of Mosiah
>
> > > Mosiah was the historic king Mithridates 6 of Pont

> > > As I explained on my own website this is the binair system of the
> > > hequat an Egyptian grain measure.
>
> > It appears there may be some similarity.
>
> > It mentions grain etc.
>
> >http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/RMP-8... quoted text -

> Using the LCD it is 1, 2, 4.
>
> Look at the silver reckoning:
>
> 11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.
>
>  12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.
>
>  13 And an onti was as great as them all.
>
> senum = 1
> amnor = 2
> ezrom = 4- Hide quoted text -

14 Now this is the value of the lesser numbers of their reckoning—

15 A shiblon is half of a senum; therefore, a shiblon for half a
measure of barley.

16 And a shiblum is a half of a shiblon.

17 And a leah is the half of a shiblum.

18 Now this is their number, according to their reckoning.

leah =1
shiblum =2
shiblon=4

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 1:47 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > As I explained on my own website this is the binair system of the
> > > hequat an Egyptian grain measure.
>
> > It appears there may be some similarity.
>
> > It mentions grain etc.
>
> >http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/RMP-8... quoted text -

> You just have to use the LCD.- Hide quoted text -

This is a page from an egyptian math book, and it gives grain measure,
the example is 10, 5 , 2.5

So using the LCD dividing by 2.5

you get 1, 2, 4

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 2:12 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 1:52 pm, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It appears there may be some similarity.
>
> > > It mentions grain etc.
>
> > >http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/RMP-80.jpg-... text -

> > Using the LCD it is 1, 2, 4.
>
> > Look at the silver reckoning:
>
> > 11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.
>
> >  12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.
>
> >  13 And an onti was as great as them all.
>
> > senum = 1
> > amnor = 2
> > ezrom = 4- Hide quoted text -

> 14 Now this is the value of the lesser numbers of their reckoning—
>
>  15 A shiblon is half of a senum; therefore, a shiblon for half a
> measure of barley.
>
>  16 And a shiblum is a half of a shiblon.
>
>  17 And a leah is the half of a shiblum.
>
>  18 Now this is their number, according to their reckoning.
>
> leah =1
> shiblum =2
> shiblon=4- Hide quoted text -

Here it directly equates grain measure to their silver reckoning, 1,2,
4 just like the egyptian.

Nick Youngh

> On 22 jan, 20:50, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/1...

> According to the BoM itself, the BoM was situated in the old world and
> not in the new world
> "1Nephi 18:23 and we arrived at the "promissed land" Israël".
> Beside Israël there is another Jewish land in the BoM: Zarahemlah,
> Tsarenheim, possibly thr forgotten Jewish nomad empire of the Russian
> Jews.
> With this knowledge I have identified almost all events, persons and
> countries of the BoM. not in the new world but in the
> old world. All these identifications are specified and argumented on
> my own website, of which will give a link on my next posting.

https://groups.google.com/group/the-book-of-mormon-in-the-classical-historywri...

Nick Youngh

On 23 jan, 19:52, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> senum = 1
> amnor = 2
> ezrom = 4

You should condider the gold and silver coins altogether.
But most of all, before coming with your own conclusions, you should
have read, what I am writing about the Mormon coins on my own site
I am a non religious amateur historian, who knows the BoM by hart.
I have a vast knowledge of both history and the BoM
I am the only person in the world, who compares BoM verses with real
history.
and came to the conclusion that all BoM verses could be traced on the
same year in history books.

On 15 mrt 2008, 00:23, Geiserik <dejonghn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Alma 11:
> > 5 Now the reckoning is thus-a senine of gold, a seon of gold, a shum
> > of gold, and a limnah of gold.
> > 6 A senum of silver, an amnor of silver, an ezrom of silver, and an
> > onti of silver.
> > 7 A senum of silver was equal to a senine of gold, and either for a
> > measure of barley, and also for a measure of every kind of grain.
> > 8 Now the amount of a seon of gold was twice the value of a senine.
> > 9 And a shum of gold was twice the value of a seon.
> > 10 And a limnah of gold was the value of them all.
> > 11 And an amnor of silver was as great as two senums.
> > 12 And an ezrom of silver was as great as four senums.
> > 13 And an onti was as great as them all.
> > 14 Now this is the value of the lesser numbers of their reckoning-
> > 15 A shiblon is half of a senum; therefore, a shiblon for half a
> > measure of barley.
> > 16 And a shiblum is a half of a shiblon.
> > 17 And a leah is the half of a shiblum.
> > 18 Now this is their number, according to their reckoning.
> > 19 Now an antion of gold is equal to three shiblons.
>
> So we are talking about a binair system of silver or gold coins based
> on a measure of grains.
> So let's put it in a line and add it up for the golden coins.
> Shun = 4 Senine = 32 Leah
> Seo = 2 = 16
> Senum = 1 Senine = 8
> Shiblom= 1/2 4
> Sheblum 1/4 2
> Leah 1/8 1
>
> Total 7 7/8 Limnih 63/64 Leah
>
> This binair mistake in calculating we know from the Egyptian barley
> measure the Hequat, that was written as the eye of Horus. The priest
> were used to ask the children what had happened with the last Leah,
> still a Spanish coin from the time of Sertorius. The children
> answered
> in choir.
> It has been given as an offering to the God Horus.
>
> De Antonius was a tetradrachme from Pergamom, which was the official
> barter to exchange coins from Greece and Rome.
>
> So thats why the Mormon coins are not found in America, they are found
> in the Middle east.
> The barley measure hequat in Egypt and as Mesopotanian, Persian,
> Greek,
> Pontean, and Pergeanum coins.-

Mulligan

On Jan 23, 5:48 pm, Nick Youngh <dejonghn...@live.nl> wrote:
> On 23 jan, 19:52, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > senum = 1
> > amnor = 2
> > ezrom = 4
>
> You should condider the gold and silver coins

It says pieces.
piece = unit.

means units.

Mulligan

On Jan 24, 9:27 am, Mulligan <quarke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:48 pm, Nick Youngh <dejonghn...@live.nl> wrote:
>
> > On 23 jan, 19:52, Mulligan <t2judgm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > senum = 1
> > > amnor = 2
> > > ezrom = 4
>
> > You should condider the gold and silver coins
>
> It says pieces.
> piece = unit.
>
> means units.

units of measurement.

When the person said I will give you six onties of silver it was like
saying here is 6 ounces of silver ....

Mulligan

On Jan 24, 12:37 pm, Mulligan <quarke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 9:27 am, Mulligan <quarke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You should condider the gold and silver coins
>
> > It says pieces.
> > piece = unit.
>
> > means units.
>
> units of measurement.
>
> When the person said I will give you six onties of silver it was like
> saying here is 6 ounces of silver ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/...

Piece or pieces may refer to:

A single unit of something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Units_of_measurement#Expressing_a_physical_value_in_terms_of_an...

Conversion of units involves comparison of different standard physical
values, either of a single physical quantity or of a physical quantity
and a combination of other physical quantities.

For example, you have an expression for a physical value Z involving
the unit feet per second ([Z]i) and you want it in terms of the unit
miles per hour ([Z]j):

1.Find facts relating the original unit to the desired unit:
1 mile = 5280 feet and 1 hour = 3600 seconds
2.Next use the above equations to construct a fraction that has a
value of unity and that contains units such that, when it is
multiplied with the original physical value, will cancel the original
units:

3.Last,multiply the original expression of the physical value by the
fraction, called a conversion factor, to obtain the same physical
value expressed in terms of a different unit.

Or as an example using the metric system, you have a value of fuel
economy in the unit litres per 100 kilometres and you want it in terms
of the unit microlitres per metre: