[ann] uname ruby library

Stu

12/6/2004 4:33:00 PM

I did this to more or less scratch an itch.
This is a small extension for ruby that provides
uname support for all unices and win32 systems.

any posix complient non-unix boxes should also work
fine (beos, etc)...

ftp://mega-tokyo.com/pub/my_stuff/ruby-uname...

tested on DragonFly BSD and WinXP.

I tried to package it as a gem but couldnt figure out how
to make the 'gem install' compile it... anyway.

-- Stu --
[FAQ] Write Your Own Operating System
http://www.mega-tokyo....
2 Answers

djberg96

Stu wrote:
> I did this to more or less scratch an itch.
> This is a small extension for ruby that provides
> uname support for all unices and win32 systems.

There is already sys-uname on the RAA.
See http://ruby-sysut...

Regards,

Dan

Stu

On 6 Dec 2004 11:22:47 -0800, djberg96@hotmail.com wrote:

>Stu wrote:
>> I did this to more or less scratch an itch.
>> This is a small extension for ruby that provides
>> uname support for all unices and win32 systems.
>
>There is already sys-uname on the RAA.
>See http://ruby-sysut...

like I said, I wrote it to scratch an itch, and made it available.
I wanted to find something I could play with and write an
extension to see how difficult an 'easy' one would be.