OT: good chat client?

Its Me

12/3/2004 2:56:00 PM

which one would you recommend? sorry for the noise, but it is primarily for
me to join some ruby-related chats ...

7 Answers

Michael DeHaan

I assume you are using OS/2 or Netware? :)

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:57:40 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com> wrote:
> which one would you recommend? sorry for the noise, but it is primarily for
> me to join some ruby-related chats ...

Cameron McBride

> which one would you recommend? sorry for the noise, but it is primarily for
> me to join some ruby-related chats ...

http://...

Cameron

Its Me

> I assume you are using OS/2 or Netware? :)

lol!

win xp

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

I've only been on IRC for about 10 days, but its a great ruby resource.

I'm using HydraIRC on Windows (not bad) and Colloquy on OS X (very nice).

I've heard IRSSI is a good shell-based client, and that Colloquy
actually uses it underneath, but I haven't tried it yet.

When I asked on #ruby-lang or #rubyonrails, IRRSI was the most common
response.

Nick

itsme213 wrote:

>>I assume you are using OS/2 or Netware? :)
>>

>lol!
>
>win xp

gabriele renzi

itsme213 ha scritto:
>>I assume you are using OS/2 or Netware? :)
>

> lol!
>
> win xp

lots of people hates it but I always found mirc quite good. Simple with
dumb scripting. XChat works fine on windows too.

pat eyler

I've been playing with (and enjoying) erc .... it should work anywhere
you run emacs.

-pate

Lyndon Samson

I use Miranda for IM, I'm pretty sure it has an IRC plugin as well.