[rdoc] file vs. class comments

Michael Neumann

If I've following file test.rb:

# this is my class
class MyClass

# other class
class OtherClass
end

and run rdoc over it, the comment for MyClass is also the comment for
the test.rb file. I'd like more if there were in this case no comment
for test.rb, or better, if the classes defined in this file were listed.

To document test.rb, you'd have to write:

# documentation
# for test.rb

# this is my class
class MyClass

Regards,

Michael

1 Answer

Brian Schröder

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:24:58 +0900
Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I've following file test.rb:
>
> # this is my class
> class MyClass
>
> # other class
> class OtherClass
> end
>
> and run rdoc over it, the comment for MyClass is also the comment for
> the test.rb file. I'd like more if there were in this case no comment
> for test.rb, or better, if the classes defined in this file were listed.
>
> To document test.rb, you'd have to write:
>
> # documentation
> # for test.rb
>

> # this is my class
> class MyClass

I'd think that it would be enough to include one line in the beginning of the
file to inhibit the comment.

#

# this is my class
class MyClass..