IRB + Windows + German keyboard = no square brackets

martinus

12/3/2004 7:42:00 AM

Hi, I am having a problem with IRB in windows: I simply cannot enter
the square brackets [ and ]. Even copy & paste from another editor
does not work. I know of several other people who have the same
problem, does anyone know how to fix this?

martinus

3 Answers

Stefan Schmiedl

On 2 Dec 2004 23:41:41 -0800,
martinus <martin.ankerl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am having a problem with IRB in windows: I simply cannot enter
> the square brackets [ and ]. Even copy & paste from another editor
> does not work. I know of several other people who have the same
> problem, does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> martinus

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

s.

Henrik Horneber

martinus wrote:
> Hi, I am having a problem with IRB in windows: I simply cannot enter
> the square brackets [ and ]. Even copy & paste from another editor
> does not work. I know of several other people who have the same
> problem, does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> martinus

I *think* that someone already answered that question the last time you
asked. ;-)

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

Maybe you missed it. :)

regards,
Henrik

martinus

Sorry, I though google groups ate my posting because it did not appear
for quite a long time.

martinus