Re: [OT] No-nonsense guide to Use Cases?

Kloubakov, Yura

12/2/2004 12:38:00 AM

Sascha,

"Use Case Modeling" is very practical too. Following is an
excerpt from the Ivar Jacobson's foreword to the book:

"... To date, there has been something missing from the literature
of use-case modeling: a description of the practical, day-to-day
details of identifying and describing use cases. This book provides
those details, defining the use-case model and fleshing out use-case
descriptions. It's a perfect extension and complement to my earlier
works, finishing the story of how the use cases are identified and
how they evolve.

Use Case Modeling builds on the basic concepts by leveraging the
practical experience that Kurt and Ian have gained through their
many years of work in various industries-working with development
teams either as consultants or as team members themselves. They have
nicely distilled that experience into this very practical and
insightful work. For people new to the field, this book provides an
excellent tutorial. For use-case veterans, it provides an excellent
reference that can be called upon on a daily basis.

This is the very best book on use cases ever written. Read it to
understand use-case ideas and to apply those ideas with common sense
based on the kind of system you are building and the maturity of
your team members.

Regards,
Yura.