Multi-Agent system in Ruby?

martinus

12/1/2004 1:37:00 PM

Hi! recently I have started working with Multi-agent systems (Jade,
written in Java), and while multi-agent systems are pretty cool, it is
not an easy way to write applications. I am playing with the idea of
writing a simple multi-agent system in Ruby, just to learn more about
this topic. So, does any multi-agent system exist that is written in
Ruby?

martinus

2 Answers

Curne) Simon Conrad-Armes

On 2004 Dec, 1, at 14:37, martinus wrote:

> Hi! recently I have started working with Multi-agent systems (Jade,
> written in Java), and while multi-agent systems are pretty cool, it is
> not an easy way to write applications. I am playing with the idea of
> writing a simple multi-agent system in Ruby, just to learn more about
> this topic. So, does any multi-agent system exist that is written in
> Ruby?
>
> martinus

If I read the wikipedia
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-ag...] correctly it is a bit
like Jini, right? Then maybe Rinda
[http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rinda/rdoc/...] would be
up that alley?

Anyone else?

//Curne
about writing a flaming reply where I violently disagree.
[curne@curnomatic.dk]

Charles Mills

On Dec 1, 2004, at 8:50 AM, (Curne) Simon Conrad-Armes wrote:

> On 2004 Dec, 1, at 14:37, martinus wrote:
>
>> Hi! recently I have started working with Multi-agent systems (Jade,
>> written in Java), and while multi-agent systems are pretty cool, it is
>> not an easy way to write applications. I am playing with the idea of
>> writing a simple multi-agent system in Ruby, just to learn more about
>> this topic. So, does any multi-agent system exist that is written in
>> Ruby?
>>
>> martinus
>>

> If I read the wikipedia
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-ag...] correctly it is a
> bit like Jini, right? Then maybe Rinda
> [http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rinda/rdoc/...] would be
> up that alley?

If you google "multi agent system ruby" you'll probably find a few
things.
Also, this: http://dnssd.rubyforge.org/wi...
can be used for discovery ( an important part of every multi agent
system, right :).

-Charlie