ResourceManager with MobileWebforms

OlaW

7/24/2002 6:48:00 AM

I have tried to make a custom server control inheriting from
mobilewebcontrol. I wanted the control to be localized so I created a couple
of different resx files with different languages. Then, my plan was to look
up the value of the Text field of my control in some of my resources files,
depending of language setting and then render the text from the resource
file in place of the original value of Text. It works very well when I
create a similar control for use on a regular Web Page (the only difference
is that I inherit from system.web.ui.webcontrols.label).

I suspect that there can be a problem when creating my ResourceManager? This
is the code I use calling the ResourceManager in the Mobile Control:

_rm = new ResourceManager("LocalizedStringsVB",
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(), Nothing)

Maybe I cannot use System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly() when
creating a new ResourceManager?

Thank you for any help that you may be able to give.

/Ola
ola@promosoft.nu

2 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

Interesting...

I will be doing some investigation and will get back to you

AndresS

rights."

OlaW

Thanx for replying! But I just wanted to tell you that I got it to work.
After rebooting the PC it suddenly started to work!