Update real type field with a null?

Grace McMahon

7/24/2002 3:01:00 AM

How can I update/insert a nullable real type field with a null value. My
situation is that I already have a value in the real field which is nullable
and I need to update it to nothing - which is null. No other value is
acceptable.

2 Answers

Tony

Set it to DbNull.

Tony

"Grace McMahon" <gracemcmahon100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I update/insert a nullable real type field with a null value. My
> situation is that I already have a value in the real field which is
nullable
> and I need to update it to nothing - which is null. No other value is
> acceptable.

Grace McMahon

Does not work. It gives me an error saying cannot put varchar in float type
field.

I am working with Ingres DB. And I pass the value as
system.dbnull.value.

dbnull on its own says DBNull is a type in system and cannot be used as an
expression.

Please help!

Cheers