Ken Davis

7/23/2002 8:06:00 AM

In WML, there was a way to get the device id, I forget what it was, but it
used to be the phone number, but was changed for "security" reasons.

How can I identify a device uniquely? I want to use some WML-based phones
and some PocketPC's. I think the only way to do this was done on a computer
was to use the harddrive serial number that it gets when formating and then
later on, it was the hardware MAC.

The primary goal is to get around "cookies" for authenticating. I want to
"pre-authenticate" a device (certificates would do nicely, sigh, but not an
option for WML phones). This can tie into a "pay for device" usage model.

Ken
MSDN Universal.

2 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

If your primary goal is to get around cookies, you might want to check the
form cookiless authentication in MMIT.

AndreS

rights."

Ken Davis

Thanks, I have no problem getting around cookies, as it appears to be the
default behavior in MMIT, anyway.