RE: Running JavaScript in .NET Mobile WEB Form

Jeff Domkuski

7/22/2002 5:41:00 PM

First, Thanks for your reply. However, I am still a bit confused. How
is the Java script executed? In the WEB Form the "onload" attribute
enables the script to be run when the page is loaded. How is this
accomplished using a Mobile WEB Form? The "onload" attribute is not
available. What are my other options?

Thanks,

Jeff

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

(Jason Jing)

Hello,

You can use FOR EVENT statement to handle onload event like following:

<mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server">
<mobile:Panel id="Panel1" runat="server">
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isHTML32">
<contenttemplate>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript" for="window" EVENT="onload()">
<!--
alert("onload event fired");
//--></SCRIPT>
</contenttemplate>
</Choice>
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>
</mobile:Panel>
</mobile:Form>

Jason Jing
Microsoft Support

Regards

Jason Jing
Microsoft Developer Support Engineer
zyjing@microsoft.com

Satisfied customers are my top priority. Please let my manager or me know
what you think of the level of service provided. You can send feedback to
Microsoft Management
managers@microsoft.com?body=Wen%20Yu&subject=DSVFB_Feedback or directly to
my manager, Wen Yu at wenyu@microsoft.com

--------------------
| From: Jeff Domkuski <jdomkuski@pccweb.com>
| Subject: RE: Running JavaScript in .NET Mobile WEB Form
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
| Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:41:18 -0700
|
| First, Thanks for your reply. However, I am still a bit confused. How
| is the Java script executed? In the WEB Form the "onload" attribute
| enables the script to be run when the page is loaded. How is this
| accomplished using a Mobile WEB Form? The "onload" attribute is not
| available. What are my other options?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Jeff
|
| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Eytan

I'm trying to set the focus to a textbox on my mobile web form based on your
example below and with no luck. I don't understand how to set TextBox1 to
get the focus.

Below is the content of my Mobile Web Form, can you please review and advise
what to do to solve my problem?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
Assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" %>
Codebehind="MobileWebForm2.aspx.vb" Inherits="WMS.MobileWebForm2" %>
name="vs_targetSchema">
<P>
<mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server">
<mobile:Panel id="Panel1" runat="server">
<mobile:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></mobile:TextBox>
<mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" runat="server">
<Choice Filter="isHTML32"
Xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/mobile/html32template"></...
</mobile:DeviceSpecific>
</mobile:Panel>