request new version of MDAC 2.7

Lynn Eriksen

7/22/2002 4:41:00 PM

The now infamous 'no_data' error has been identified for
over a year, and admitted to by Microsoft for approx. 6
months. Although a workaround has been posted, it is
seems to be for driver development. However, what I would
like to have is an updated version of the MDAC that
simple 'just works' correctly with the non-UniCode
driver.

Again, I want an update MDAC that makes the problem go-
away.

Please. : )

1 Answer

Neil Allen

In article <1aeed01c2318d$d0b02630$19ef2ecf@tkmsftngxa01>,
lynn@soundworks.com says...
> The now infamous 'no_data' error has been identified for
> over a year, and admitted to by Microsoft for approx. 6
> months. Although a workaround has been posted, it is
> seems to be for driver development. However, what I would
> like to have is an updated version of the MDAC that
> simple 'just works' correctly with the non-UniCode
> driver.
>
> Again, I want an update MDAC that makes the problem go-
> away.
>
> Please. : )

Dear Lynn

Forgive me if you've already spotted this but a patch is now publicly
available...

In article <CvnXCqxNCHA.7088@cpmsftngxa07>,
douglasl@online.microsoft.com says...

> The patch is now publicly available: