ODBC .NET/ Ingres / Asp problem

(Robert Prince)

7/22/2002 2:05:00 PM

Hello,

I have a problem regarding an ODBC connection to an Ingres Database.

The problem is that I cannot connect to an Ingres Database via an
Asp.NET application. The strange thing is that I can connect to this
via a normal Windows Application. This is the code:-

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim mconn As New OdbcConnection(strConnection)

Try
mconn.Open()
Catch ex As Exception
Trace.debug(ex.Message)
Finally
mconn.Close()
End Try
End sub

What we find is that when the line "mconn.open()" is run, the aspx
page that is loading keeps trying to load – we never get past the
"mconn.open()" statement. Then you have to close it and kill off the
asp process in the background. An exception is not even thrown.

My colleagues and I have tried to connect to the Sql Server via an
ODBC connection in an aspx page and have found that this works.

We have tried placing the .local and ODBC32.dll fix into the bin
folder and the home of the Asp project on the localhost. This has not
worked – obviously we do not even get to a point when this would
matter.

We have also tried setting the asp user account to a local
administrator and again there has been no luck.

Has anyone got any advice about this problem ?

Cheers

Robert Prince
1 Answer

Fabrice Marguerie

Is your vnode private or public?
It should be public so that the ASPNET account can see it.

news: 40876ad4.0207220329.11984e31@posting.google.com...