microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Searching with DirectorySearcher

Afshin J.

7/20/2002 11:50:00 PM

Hi everybody,

I've built a asp.net page witch shows all Active Directory users, I'd like
to make it maging, I know I can use DataGrid's paging to make it, but in
massive number of users, the first time I call DirectorySearcher.FindAll();
it takes about 20 seconds in about 3000 object in just one OU.
Has anyone worked with DirectorySearcher.PageSize to make it's result being
paged?
I've found some samples, but they are JUST said that using PageSize makes
result paged, I want something wirking!

Regards..
Afshin J.
Dotware Team

1 Answer

(A. Hazelwood)

Please follow up with me as well. I would also be interested in what
the default manner is for paging, especially in a asp.net application
where you only want to show X number of records per page.

Thanks.
Andre' Hazelwood