Re: Setting focus to mobile textbox

Aymiee Lee

7/19/2002 8:40:00 PM

From what I have read, PocketPC2002/PocketIE does not support DHTML.

Do you mean regular .net web forms?

Can I also use Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock or
Page.RegisterStartupScript in my mobile web forms?

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Craig Deelsnyder

It doesn't support DHTML (dynamic or changing the HTML of a page), but it
does support JavaScript (certain functions).

Focus does work. Although, you do need to do a setTimeout() for about 50ns,
if you are setting focus on the body's onload event. PocketIE has a bug
that the page loads too fast or something, so you need to wait a split
second before setting the focus.

I believe you can use the two methods I mentioned. I thought I had done
this before, but I was having trouble with a mobile page the other day when
converting it over.