NODATA error with ODBC.NET

Mick R

7/19/2002 4:29:00 AM

Guys,
I am currently experiencing a problem where the odbc.net
provider falls over with a NO_DATA error whenever result
set has a null in it, this isn't an issue using the same
odbc provider ( Dharma ) using old ADO it handles null's
fine. Does anyone know a fix or work around for this
problem.
Cheers Michael
3 Answers

Neil Allen

In article <17dc401c22ecc$243a93e0$2ae2c90a@hosting.microsoft.com>,
mrheumer@lgsuper.org says...
<Snip>
> I am currently experiencing a problem where the odbc.net
> provider falls over with a NO_DATA error whenever result
> set has a null in it,
</Snip>

Dear Mick

We've experienced the same problem (albeit using a different ODBC driver
- Sage Line 100). It looks like it is a known problem.

There's a posting from Microsoft in an earlier thread in the this
newsgroup that suggests a fix is on the way...

<EarlierPost>
Subject: Re: MySql and NO_DATA bug
From: "Shawn Aebi [MS]" <shawna@microsoft.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.odbcnet

We should have the fix posted later this week. Once it's there we will
reference the location on Microsoft download site.

Thanks,
Shawn Aebi
Microsoft Product Support
</EarlierPost>

Alternatively you can contact Microsoft...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-...

HTH

Neil Allen

Werner Kuhnle

Hello,

I have the same problem using SAP DB ODBC 7.3 Drivers;
but until now I could not find any workaround or fix.

Werner

Jaroslaw Sos

Hi Mick !

Mick R wrote:

> Guys,
> I am currently experiencing a problem where the odbc.net
> provider falls over with a NO_DATA error whenever result
> set has a null in it, this isn't an issue using the same
> odbc provider ( Dharma ) using old ADO it handles null's
> fine. Does anyone know a fix or work around for this
> problem.
> Cheers Michael

Here is what you need :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...