Mobile Internet Toolkit Uninstall/Install problems

Mike Harris

7/17/2002 3:45:00 AM

I somehow trashed my .Net development system and had to
uninstall .Net. After several attempts I was able to
get .Net without the Mobile Internet Toolkit all
installed and working correctly. I uninstalled
everything including IIS with no problems. I installed
everthing again with no problems except for Mobile
Internet Toolkit. IIS and ASP.Net are working properly
for non Mobile applications.

It looks like the uninstall of the Mobile Internet
toolkit left something installed. I am now in a catch-22
where I cannot install because the uninstall doesn't
work. When I run the Install of MIT I get the
message "Setup has detected one or more components of
already installed. Files overwritten during this install
will be removed when you uninstall. This may leave some
components in a broken state and you will need to run
install again to restore functionality." So I
uninstalled the Mobile Internet Toolkit then I installed
it again and got the same message. I did a complete
untinstall again including IIS and started over again.
Got the same message again.

Anyone got any Ideas?
1 Answer

(Andres Sanabria)

I would suggest contacting support (http://support.mic...) so they
can help you resolve this issue over the phone

AndreSS

rights."