ODBC, driver does not support this function Exception

Jaroslaw Sos

7/14/2002 10:22:00 PM

Hello

Using ODBC .NET with a navision odbc driver I got the following
exception :
"driver does not support this function Exception"
(translated from german, the english text could vary :-) )

while closing a DataReader.

The exception is thrown in NextResult() method called from
Dispose(bool) called from Close() :-).

I would like to avoid the call of NextResult() method in
my Close(). I am using only one SQL Statement to generate the
DataReader anyway so it is not needed to call NextResult().

Anyone knows a way to prevent the call of NextResult() in
DataReader.Close() method ?

thanks a lot!

regards
Jaroslaw

1 Answer

Clay M

Same here. I have an older DB whos ODBC driver does the
same thing. It makes things very messy to code around.
If anyone has any ideas, please respond.

Thanks,

Clay M.

) )

>while closing a DataReader.
>
>The exception is thrown in NextResult() method called
from
>Dispose(bool) called from Close() :-).
>
>I would like to avoid the call of NextResult() method in
>my Close(). I am using only one SQL Statement to
generate the
>DataReader anyway so it is not needed to call NextResult
().