HQ

7/14/2002 1:42:00 AM

i have an odbc driver for both clarion, and dataflex. i have my datasources
set up and they work great with crystal and other apps. how do i connect to
them using ado.net?

hq

1 Answer

Bob Beauchemin

Download and install the .NET data provider for ODBC from
www.microsoft.com/downloads.
Add a reference to Microsoft.Data.Odbc to your program. Then, in C#:

using Microsoft.Data.Odbc;
OdbcConnection conn = new
OdbcConnection("dsn=yourdsn;UID=youruser;PWD=yourpassword");

In VB.NET:

Imports Microsoft.Data.Odbc
Dim conn as New OdbcConnection("dsn=yourdsn;UID=youruser;PWD=yourpassword")

Hope this helps,
Bob Beauchemin
bobb@develop.com