Array#indices

James Gray

11/29/2004 11:05:00 PM

Why is Array#indices deprecated with a note to use Array#select, which
I don't find all that related???

James Edward Gray II

2 Answers

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Array#indices"
on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:05:21 +0900, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> writes:

|Why is Array#indices deprecated with a note to use Array#select, which
|I don't find all that related???

It used to. Recent Ruby (e.g. 1.8.2) mentions values_at.

matz.

James Gray

On Nov 29, 2004, at 5:13 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Array#indices"
> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:05:21 +0900, James Edward Gray II
> <james@grayproductions.net> writes:
>
> |Why is Array#indices deprecated with a note to use Array#select, which
> |I don't find all that related???
>
> It used to. Recent Ruby (e.g. 1.8.2) mentions values_at.

I see. Thank you for the pointer.

To Whom it May Concern: ruby-doc.org is where I saw the Array#select
note. Looks like it needs an update.

James Edward Gray II