Convolution using narray

Brian Schröder

11/28/2004 11:35:00 PM

The narray documentation is a bit thin, so I'm asking here. I do want to do a convolution. Map a two dimensional kernel onto a two dimensional image. I thought the

FFTW.convol(a, b)

function of narray would do this. But I see that it requests to narrays of the same size? So I this can't be convolution. What is it, and where can I find a convolution function?

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schröder
http://www.brian-sch...

1 Answer

Brian Schröder

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:35:17 +0900
Brian Schröder <ruby@brian-schroeder.de> wrote:

> The narray documentation is a bit thin, so I'm asking here. I do want to do a convolution. Map a two dimensional kernel onto a two dimensional image. I thought the
>
> FFTW.convol(a, b)
>
> function of narray would do this. But I see that it requests to narrays of the same size? So I this can't be convolution. What is it, and where can I find a convolution function?

I promise to buy myself a good math book and get some sleep. I have to extend the kernel with zeros to the size of the image. I apologies. It is a long time since I have learned those things.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schröder