Re: [SOLUTION] Object Browser (#8

Jamis Buck

11/28/2004 3:11:00 AM

Brian Schröder wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:48:37 +0900
> Jamis Buck <jgb3@email.byu.edu> wrote:
>

>>Anyway. Comments?
>

> Hello Jamis,
>
> I'm polishing my solution, and I'm wondering why you are storing object id's instead of object references in the tree? I'd imagine that storing the object reference takes the same amount of space as storing the id. Is it maybe because objects can't be GCed while they are stored in the tree? On the other hand, wouldn't GCing break your program?

Well...quite possibly this was due to my massive inexperience with
ruby-gtk2. When I tried to store objects directly in a node of a tree
model, they kept being converted to strings, which rendered them
useless. Since my time was limited, I didn't bother trying to figure out
what the real problem was. :(

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck