How do you compile qtruby-1.0.4

Nigel Wilkinson

11/28/2004 2:46:00 AM

I'm trying to compile qtruby-1.0.4 but there's no configure, configure.in,
configure.ac etc.
Anyone know how to compile this

Cheers
Nigel

3 Answers

Alexander Kellett

make -f Makefile.cvs
there are install instructions somewhere in there i hope :P
Alex

On Nov 28, 2004, at 3:46 AM, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:

> I'm trying to compile qtruby-1.0.4 but there's no configure,
> configure.in, configure.ac etc.
> Anyone know how to compile this
>
> Cheers
> Nigel

Nigel Wilkinson

Thanks for that, it is mentioned in INSTALL but it never occurred to me
that this was a CVS snapshot

Cheers
Nigel

--On Sunday, November 28, 2004 19:56:31 +0900 Alexander Kellett
<ruby-lists@lypanov.net> wrote:

> make -f Makefile.cvs
> there are install instructions somewhere in there i hope :P
> Alex
>
> On Nov 28, 2004, at 3:46 AM, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile qtruby-1.0.4 but there's no configure,
>> configure.in, configure.ac etc.
>> Anyone know how to compile this
>>
>> Cheers
>> Nigel

Alexander Kellett

On Nov 28, 2004, at 1:43 PM, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
> Thanks for that, it is mentioned in INSTALL but it never occurred to
> me that this was a CVS snapshot

a release is also a snapshot of some version of cvs :)
as the method we use to build it locally is to run
make -f Makefile.cvs and it has never yet failed for
us, it makes a lot of sense to not modify the build
mechanic for end users :)

Alex