Is FastCGI/mod_ruby for Ruby mswin32 available?

Sarah Tanembaum

11/27/2004 8:41:00 AM

Where can I get mswin32 binaries for Ruby and its extension apps and
modules ? Thanks
4 Answers

Sascha Ebach

Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
> Where can I get mswin32 binaries for Ruby and its extension apps and
> modules ? Thanks

Hi Sarah,

mod_ruby is not available if you are not into compiling it for yourself.
I think FastCGI should be available from www.fastcgi.com. I gave up long
ago on getting a native mswin32 environment running and instead use
Cygwin or Colinux (with Debian inside). If you are new to linux it will
take you a pretty long time to get really get comfortable with this. If
you only want to develop in Rails you should use the included Webrick.

--
Sascha Ebach

Stu

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:40:45 -0500, Sarah Tanembaum
<sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Where can I get mswin32 binaries for Ruby and its extension apps and
>modules ? Thanks

i actually tried to get mod_ruby compiled last night under
mingw32 but alas I have no 'apxs' with my apache2 installation.
so whatever 'apxs' is......

if I had it I could probably build it but. shrugs...

-- Stu --
[FAQ] Write Your Own Operating System
http://www.mega-tokyo....

Lothar Scholz

Hello Stu,

S> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:40:45 -0500, Sarah Tanembaum
S> <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Where can I get mswin32 binaries for Ruby and its extension apps and
>>modules ? Thanks

S> i actually tried to get mod_ruby compiled last night under
S> mingw32 but alas I have no 'apxs' with my apache2 installation.
S> so whatever 'apxs' is......

S> if I had it I could probably build it but. shrugs...

Thats also the huge problem when you try to build it with the MSVC
compiler. The apache project really has a problem with there source
code and libraries.

Maybe you should contact Shugo directly via shugo@modruby.net

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Sarah Tanembaum

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello Stu,
>
> S> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:40:45 -0500, Sarah Tanembaum
> S> <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>>Where can I get mswin32 binaries for Ruby and its extension apps and
>>>modules ? Thanks
>

> S> i actually tried to get mod_ruby compiled last night under
> S> mingw32 but alas I have no 'apxs' with my apache2 installation.
> S> so whatever 'apxs' is......
>
> S> if I had it I could probably build it but. shrugs...
>
> Thats also the huge problem when you try to build it with the MSVC
> compiler. The apache project really has a problem with there source
> code and libraries.
>
> Maybe you should contact Shugo directly via shugo@modruby.net

Thanks to you all. I believe I did try once emailing shugo but had no
response. Thanks