Ruby/DL tutorial

bjsp123

Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...

Benjamin
14 Answers

Michael DeHaan

Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see it.

--MPD

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:42:59 +0900, Benjamin Peterson <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...
>
> Benjamin

Kevin Howe

"Michael DeHaan" <michael.dehaan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see
it.

I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better :)

kh

ptkwt

In article <986d2608.0411241040.7a4ea886@posting.google.com>,
Benjamin Peterson <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:
>Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
>the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...

Yes Please!

Phil

Guillaume Marcais

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:42, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...
>
> Benjamin

Definitly!

Guillaume.

Dave Burt

+1

"Benjamin Peterson" <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...
>
> Benjamin

gabriele renzi

Dave Burt ha scritto:
> +1

takers.succ!

Sam Roberts

Quoteing khowe@perfnet.ca, on Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:38:00AM +0900:
> "Michael DeHaan" <michael.dehaan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see
> it.
>
> I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better :)

Me, too. I'm planning on using it soon, I think it does what I need, but
some docs would help me figure that out!

Sam

JD

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...
>
> Benjamin

Thanks! But I'm getting a 403 FORBIDDEN error when I try to look at the
samples...

lucsky

Benjamin Peterson <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:

> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/rub...

I have the japanese PDF, and all I can read in it is the ruby code. A
translation would definitely be welcome to provide some context :)

Speaking of which, is there any way to handle variadic function
generically ? That is, instead of re-fetching the symbol each time with
a different signature ? I guess that this would mean that Ruby/DL would
have to guess how to translate each parameters to their C equivalent and
that there would be some cases where it wouldn't be possible to do it
automatically. Maybe by passing a signature when *calling* the symbol in
some way ? Thoughts ?

--
Luc Heinrich - lucsky@mac.com

Wayne Chin