Rails + subversion guideline

Johan Allard

I'm just about to upload my first rails application onto my production
web server and usually I use subversion to track changes and the a
after-commit hook to update the webserver. With rails, what is the best
practice of doing it? Should I not include the dispatch scripts in the
repository or is it enough to include the app directory and
public/stylesheets, javascript and so on. Some pointers on how to do
this in the best way would be most appreciative!

Thank you in advance

//johan

1 Answer

Eric Hodel

On 21 Nov 2004, at 22:48, Johan Allard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just about to upload my first rails application onto my production
> web server and usually I use subversion to track changes and the a
> after-commit hook to update the webserver. With rails, what is the
> best practice of doing it? Should I not include the dispatch scripts
> in the repository or is it enough to include the app directory and
> public/stylesheets, javascript and so on. Some pointers on how to do
> this in the best way would be most appreciative!

We've been including the whole thing, with a svn:ignore "*.log" set on
the log directory.

This way when we pull from the repo we have a complete development
environment.