microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Source code to classes such as ServiceBase?

Tom A.

7/8/2002 8:05:00 AM

Am I the only one, or has anyone else run into a situation where having the
source code to classes such as ServiceBase (or similar classes) would have
helped in debugging, etc? I've seen the CLI (Rotor) download but that does
not include source code for many framework classes, such as ServiceBase. In
older VC++, source code was included for the RTL and MFC, which really
helped debug exceptions where the specific logic/cause behind the problem
wasn't evident from the documentation. It seems to me that the CLI/Rotor
source is more "secret" than something in ServiceBase. I'm just wondering if
there's been any discussion about this and what the rational is behind not
releasing what is effectively the RTL and foundation class library source
code. Does anyone have any info on this? Any thoughts welcome.
--
Regards,
Tom A., MCSD

nature. Remove NOSPAM from the email address. It's hotmail so I'll be
getting spam anyway, but what the heck.)