Displaying No of Bytes Transferred

Ganesh babu

7/8/2002 7:49:00 AM

Dear All,

I have the following requirements,I had developed a Mobile
web application with MMIT and c#.

I need to show
"No of Bytes Transferred :xyz bytes"

at each and every page.How to acheive this??????.
How can i get the no of byes transferred when the page is
Loaded,I need to optimize my application and for that i
need to calculate this.

Can anyone suggest how to acheive this......

Thanks and Best Regards
Ganesh babu Natarajan
(catch_ganu@yahoo.com)/(babu.ganesh@sella.it)

4 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

Good question... i would siggest usign the network monitor which prodives a
very good way to measure bytes in and out from a server...

Andres

rights."

Ganesh babu

Dear Andres,

Thanks for the support but i want to know whether there is
any other way to achieve this other than network monitor.

Anything which is inturn available with .net Framework.

Thanks
Ganesh babu Natarajan.

confers no
>rights."
>
>.

Ganesh babu

Dear All,

How can i use a Network Monitor when i am accessing from
a PDA.Each and every application user must able to see the
no of bytes transferred from the page,bcos in a Mobile
Network network is highly expensive and hence i don't find
Network Monitor tool as a Feasible solution.

Can anyone kindly suggest on this.

Ganesh babu Natarajan

Anil John

Try using the OpenWave Emulator..

One of the items that it provides in the Phone Information window is the
size of the uncompiled HTTP data. It also provides the size of the compiled
WAP binary.

You can download it for free @ http://developer.ope...

Anil

- Anil John - http://Learn...
- #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
- Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.