WAP and ASP - getting info back to server?

Ed Kuhner

7/7/2002 10:55:00 PM

Hey All,

I've got an application that I wrote in ASP and works great in regular
browsers.

I have portions of this app that I need to port over to WAP. Very basic WAP
for the best compatibilty to phones.

I'm just starting the process, testing how WAP and WML actually works and
interracts with the server, and I've hit my first hurdle.

In HTML I typically setup a form with input fields, and then the server can
use the REQUEST function to grab the data within the input fields.

In WML there are input fields and postfield. But I can't figure out how to
get this all populated and sent back to the server. It seems like the
request field can grab the postfield contents, but those don't let the user
enter data into them.

How can I get an input field onto the screen, for someone to enter a search
criteria or whatever, and then send that back to the server???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Please copy my email address on any response if you could!

-ed
ed@ekuhner.com

3 Answers

(Andres Sanabria)

MMIT could be your solution. I would suggest looking at the following white
paper http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/devi...

In addition to can visit the following web site for additional details
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...

AndresS

rights."

Ed Kuhner

this MMIT requires a .net framework??? where can I find that?

I was unable to install the download because of this...

thanks

Ed

"Andres Sanabria" <AndresSONLINE@Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MMIT could be your solution. I would suggest looking at the following
white
> paper http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/devi...
>
> In addition to can visit the following web site for additional details
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...
>
> AndresS
>
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."

Anil John

Yes.. The MMIT requires that the .net Framework be installed..

You can find more information about it @
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=6&am...

You can download it @ http://www.asp.net/download.aspx?...

Anil

- Anil John - http://Learn...
- #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
- Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.