microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

HELP ... .NET framework wont INSTALL

(pubd)

7/2/2002 12:32:00 PM

For me, upgrading to MSI 2.0 (I am on Win2000 server) solved the problem

(I had the same...)

Good luck !

Pubd
1 Answer

(Lion Shi)

Hello,

The .NET Framework redistributable package uses a Windows Installer package
that wraps it into the single, self-extracting executable file
Dotnetfx.exe. The Dotnetfx.exe executable file launches Install.exe, which
performs platform checks, installs Windows Installer 2.0 if necessary, and
then launches the Windows Installer package (.msi file). If it can not find
the install file of the Windows Installer 2.0, you should install it
manually.

For a detailed informationa bout the requirements of install ,NET
Framework, please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/dotne...

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Lion Shi, MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.