Irene Ortiz

I'm getting the following exception whenever I try o send
a message.

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

The stack trace is:

at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args,
Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[]
namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target,
Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo
culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage
message)
at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
at UtilsEnvios.CargaObj.SendUsersMails(Envio
currentEnvio)

The code I'm using is something like this:
.
.
.
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "smtp1.epm.net.co"

Try
For Each recipient In recipients.Tables
(0).Rows
objNewsletter.Body = ""

If recipient(0).ToString() <> "" And
Not (recipient(0).ToString() Is Nothing) Then
objNewsletter.From
= "mymail@epm.net.co"
objNewsletter.To = recipient
(0).ToString()
objNewsletter.Subject = "Subject"
objNewsletter.Body = "Body Text"
SmtpMail.Send(objNewsletter)
SendUsersMails = True
End If
Next recipient
Catch e As Exception
SendUsersMails = False
Inconsistencia.ManejaError(16,
currentEnvio.id, _codUsuario, e)
'Exit Function
Finally
mailConnection.Close()
End Try
.
.
.
This application is running on a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server.

Any suggestions? Thanx.

Irene
1 Answer

(Max[MS])

Hello,

I suggest you check the SMTP virtual Server settings.

1. Internet Information Services->Default SMTP Virtual
Server->Properties->Access->Relay->Choose Allow all except list below and
make sure there is nothing in the list box. Hit ok and ok to close the
dialog. Restart Default SMTP Virtual Server.

Additionally, can you telnet the smtp server smtp1.epm.net.co at 25 port?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Max