Installing MIT in a production environment

Baccarin

I'm using VS.NET and MIT in a development machine and both work fine. I have
a question about my (future) production machine: Will I need to install MIT
in this production machine or Could I copy only MIT's assemblies to (for
example) bin folder? (which assemblies ...).

Thanks,

Baccarin.

4 Answers

Anil John

On a production machine you would normally install the MMIT @
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/817/msdncompositedoc.xml

Then follow that up with the Device Updates @

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/955/msdncompositedoc.xml

Anil

- Anil John - http://Learn...
- #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
- Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.
"Baccarin" <pekus@pekus.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using VS.NET and MIT in a development machine and both work fine. I
have
> a question about my (future) production machine: Will I need to install
MIT
> in this production machine or Could I copy only MIT's assemblies to (for
> example) bin folder? (which assemblies ...).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Baccarin.

Anil John

I am sure that if you REALLY wanted to you could intall it manually :-).

But I would not recommend that at all, as in addition to the assemblies
themselves, there are also updates that are made to the machine.config file.
Not something that I would recommend that you do by hand as you might bomb
the whole machine.

> Anil,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I.e., we can't install/run MIT apps installing only
> MIT assemblies, we NEED to install MIT in the production machine. Is it
> correct?
>
> Baccarin.
>
> "Anil John" <ajNews@LearnMobile.net> escreveu na mensagem
> > On a production machine you would normally install the MMIT @

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
> > l=/msdn-files/027/001/817/msdncompositedoc.xml
> >
> > Then follow that up with the Device Updates @

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
> > l=/msdn-files/027/001/955/msdncompositedoc.xml
> >
> > Anil
> >
> > --
> > - Anil John - http://Learn...
> > - #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
> > - Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.
> > "Baccarin" <pekus@pekus.com.br> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using VS.NET and MIT in a development machine and both work fine.
> > have
> > > a question about my (future) production machine: Will I need to
install
> > MIT
> > > in this production machine or Could I copy only MIT's assemblies to
(for
> > > example) bin folder? (which assemblies ...).
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Baccarin.

Baccarin

Anil,

Thanks for your reply. I.e., we can’t install/run MIT apps installing only
MIT assemblies, we NEED to install MIT in the production machine. Is it
correct?

Baccarin.

"Anil John" <ajNews@LearnMobile.net> escreveu na mensagem
> On a production machine you would normally install the MMIT @

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
> l=/msdn-files/027/001/817/msdncompositedoc.xml
>
> Then follow that up with the Device Updates @

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sam...
> l=/msdn-files/027/001/955/msdncompositedoc.xml
>
> Anil

> - Anil John - http://Learn...
> - #1 .net Mobile & Wireless Resource
> - Connect with .net - Anytime. Anywhere.
> "Baccarin" <pekus@pekus.com.br> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using VS.NET and MIT in a development machine and both work fine. I
> have
> > a question about my (future) production machine: Will I need to install
> MIT
> > in this production machine or Could I copy only MIT's assemblies to (for
> > example) bin folder? (which assemblies ...).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Baccarin.

Baccarin

OK,