microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Error Deployment of Crystal Reports...

(S.K. Dutta)

6/29/2002 3:30:00 PM

I am trying to deploy crystal report on a client machine. The machine
is windows 2000 workstation and microsoft .net runtime is installed.
My development machine (xp professional) has visual studio.net and I
have gotten the keycode from crystal decisions and applied the key in
the regwiz.msm during deployment. I also followed all the steps
outlined in the document crnet_deployment.pdf. In the deployment
machine the asp.net is running with the user privilege.

I am still getting the same error specified in the subject line!

Is there any way to *validate the keycode* in the client machine (any
procedure or any executable program). I think there must be something
there I do not know as it seems very obvious!!!

I tried almost everything specified by folks at the dotnet newsgroups.
Any help will be appreciated as we are completely stuck with no end in
sight!!!

Regards
Dutta S.K.
2 Answers

ivar

Try this approach:
Make new deployment project (eg. youProgram_Components)

add all crystal reports merged modules
add keycode to regwiz.msm

Install this separately from your project.

This approach helped me.

"S.K. Dutta" <skd123ga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to deploy crystal report on a client machine. The machine
> is windows 2000 workstation and microsoft .net runtime is installed.
> My development machine (xp professional) has visual studio.net and I
> have gotten the keycode from crystal decisions and applied the key in
> the regwiz.msm during deployment. I also followed all the steps
> outlined in the document crnet_deployment.pdf. In the deployment
> machine the asp.net is running with the user privilege.
>
> I am still getting the same error specified in the subject line!
>
> Is there any way to *validate the keycode* in the client machine (any
> procedure or any executable program). I think there must be something
> there I do not know as it seems very obvious!!!
>
> I tried almost everything specified by folks at the dotnet newsgroups.
> Any help will be appreciated as we are completely stuck with no end in
> sight!!!
>
> Regards
> Dutta S.K.

(S.K. Dutta)

Interesting... I tried another thing that worked, Initially I was
creating the installer project using Windows XP Professional and then
deploying on Windows 2000 Pro. It was giving the error. So I tried
running the installer project on Windows 2000 (instead of XP) and
everything was okay.

My question is why!!!