How is webservice work on iPAQ

Peter

6/28/2002 11:07:00 PM

Has any body successfully integrated a webservice into
an iPAQ device? If so please post me a simple example.(or
point out what I did wrong.) thanks. pc

using SmartDeviceApplication1.wslc_pcho;
private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs
e)
{
try
{
Service1 socketService = new Service1();
//error out next line: An unhandled exception
//of type System.Net.WebException' occurred
//GAC_System.Windows.Forms_v1_0_3300_0_cneutral_
//1.dll
textBox1.Text=socketService.Sock2XML
("5405680001200025");
}
catch(System.Exception ex)
{
throw ex;
}
}

4 Answers

Ariel Faur

Unfortunately no. It seems there's a bug in this beta
release of the Smart Devices Extension. If you take a look
at the readme.htm file under .NET Compact Framework:

From the readme.htm file:
"Connecting to a Web service on localhost will not work
from the device or emulator and will cause a
System.Net.WebException to be thrown.
When adding Web references, make sure to explicitly
specify the computer name. If you have already added the
Web reference to localhost, you can change it..."

I've changed the web reference from localhost to the web
server's name and it keeps throwing the same exception.

If you find out how to deal with this please let me know.

Good luck!

Ariel

_
> //1.dll

textBox1.Text=socketService.Sock2XML
> ("5405680001200025");
> }
> catch(System.Exception ex)
> {
> throw ex;
> }
>}
>

>.

Peter

Ariel,
I have found a full Web Service example code that you can download from gotdotnet.com. And I tested that on my iPAQ device; it works.. -Peter

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/askdotnet/DownloadApp.aspx?File=AskDotNetSo...

Peter

Ariel,
I have found a full Web Service example code that you can download from gotdotnet.com. And I tested that on my iPAQ device; it works.. -Peter

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/askdotnet/DownloadApp.aspx?File=AskDotNetSo...

(Andres Sanabria)

You could post this question in the Smart Device Extension public newsgroup
to get the correct answer...

Thanks

AndresS
rights."