Pascal

6/26/2002 4:46:00 PM

I get the following while I try to install mobileit.exe
error message:

Error 1926. Could not set file security for
file "c:\Config.msi\. Error: 5. Verify that you have
sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions
for this file

The error occurred on a machine where Windows 2000 is
installed and the rights are set to "local Admin rights".

Many thanks for any help in anticipation!!!!
2 Answers

Frank Tse [MS]

It is probably a permissions issue.

Permissions for config.msi are probably inherited from the root of c:\
System account has to be able create the folder c:\Config.msi to store
roll-back files. Have them try following:

1) create c:\Config.msi

2) right click on Config.msi in file explorer -> Security tab -> click on

3) uncheck Inherit from parent ...

4) select Remove in dialog box that pops up

give both full access

Then try rerunning setup.

"Pascal" <p@pfront.com> wrote in message
> I get the following while I try to install mobileit.exe
> error message:
>
> Error 1926. Could not set file security for
> file "c:\Config.msi\. Error: 5. Verify that you have
> sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions
> for this file
>
> The error occurred on a machine where Windows 2000 is
> installed and the rights are set to "local Admin rights".
>
> Many thanks for any help in anticipation!!!!

Pascal

That's it. It worked out fine.

Thank you very much for your help.
Pascal.