Is .NET able to send SMS through a mobile phone

Kelvin Tse

6/26/2002 6:02:00 AM

I want to write a class library to perform a simple SMS
sending:

a PC connected with a mobile phone by a USB cable

then I want to have a program automatically send a message
to mobile phone that can send SMS message to others.
Does .NET framework provides such class library or any API?
1 Answer

AP

You either need to use some sort of gateway sofwtare from
your cell provider, or just use SMTP to send an email to
the sender's phone. The target phone's provider will turn
that SMTP message into an SMS and send to the phone.

This is not a limitation of .NET, since to do this
directly you would need (or at least have access to) an
SMS\WAP gateway directly.

-AP