[ANN] Needle-Extras 1.0.0

Jamis Buck

11/18/2004 11:05:00 PM

Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can be
used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.

Project page: http://rubyforge.org/proje...
User Manual: http://needle.rubyforge....
API Docs: http://needle.rubyforge..../api

Needle-Extras also demonstrates to other library authors how to make
your libraries Needle-compatible.

This first release of Needle includes the following services/utilities:

* AttrInject: this is an implementation of interface injection for
Needle, based on an implementation by Christian Neukirchen (thanks,
chris2!) This allows you to specify the dependencies of a class via an
"attr_inject" macro/method. Then, you use a special service model (e.g.
"singleton_inject", or "prototype_inject"), which makes sure that those
declared dependencies are satisfied when the service is instantiated.
It's not as powerful as it could be (yet), but it makes a good
technology demonstration.

* Multicast: this is a service that allows you to create "multicast"
services--services that delegate their methods to a list of other services.

* RequireLibrary: this is actually a mini-framework for allowing
libraries to register themselves with Needle, making it easier for
clients to depend on third-party service libraries.

Enjoy!

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

4 Answers

James Britt

Jamis Buck wrote:

> Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can be
> used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.

I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.

James

Zach Dennis

James Britt wrote:

> Jamis Buck wrote:
>
>> Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can
>> be used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.
>>

> I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.

Is that still on the market somewhere? It was pulled from the shelves in
Michigan about 6 years ago.

Zach

Jamis Buck

James Britt wrote:
> Jamis Buck wrote:
>
>> Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can
>> be used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.
>>

> I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.
>

> James

Lol! Nice. :) Too bad I can't stand cola. ;)

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

Brian Schröder

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:38:17 +0900
Zach Dennis <zdennis@mktec.com> wrote:

> James Britt wrote:
>
> > Jamis Buck wrote:
> >
> >> Needle-Extras is a library of add-on services and utilities that can
> >> be used in your applications, in conjunction with Needle.
> >>

> > I expect Jamis to be doing endorsements for Jolt Cola any day now.
> >

> Is that still on the market somewhere? It was pulled from the shelves in
> Michigan about 6 years ago.
>
> Zach

I don't drink cola, but I think there was a campaign here in south-west germany about a year ago.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schröder