ActiveTcl 8.4.7 or 8.5.0 with One Click Ruby Installer

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Curt Hibbs

I will add these instructions to the installer's FAQ page. Thanks!
Curt

Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kenichi Tamura creates tcltklib.so for One Click Ruby Installer
> with ActiveTcl 8.4.7.0 or 8.5.0.0b2. You can get it from
>
> http://www.rubyist.net/~tamura/d/files/tcltklib-rb...
>
> The install step is the followings.
>
> 1. Install One Click Ruby Installer 182-14_rc9
>
> It maybe better selection to uncheck "Tcl/Tk Win32 Libraries"
> in "Tcl/Tk GUI Libraries", because ActiveTcl libraries will be
> installed.
>
> 2. Install ActiveTcl 8.4.7.0 or 8.5.0.0b2
>
> 3. Install the new tcltklib.so.
>
> Extract tcltklib.so from downloaded tcltklib-rb182vc7.zip.
> When <root> denotes your install directory of One Click Ruby
> Installer, copy tcltklib.so to <root>\lib\site_ruby\1.8>
> That is all.
> Please try to run sample scripts of Ruby/Tk.
>
> # Ruby Installer installs the launcher script of Ruby/Tk Widget Demo
> # as "widget" (without extension). Probably, the file name is not
> # convenient on Windows. Please rename it to "widget.rb".
> --
> Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)

R. Mark Volkmann

Quoting Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp>:

See minor correction below.

> Kenichi Tamura creates tcltklib.so for One Click Ruby Installer
> with ActiveTcl 8.4.7.0 or 8.5.0.0b2. You can get it from
>
> http://www.rubyist.net/~tamura/d/files/tcltklib-rb...
>
> The install step is the followings.
>
> 1. Install One Click Ruby Installer 182-14_rc9
>
> It maybe better selection to uncheck "Tcl/Tk Win32 Libraries"
> in "Tcl/Tk GUI Libraries", because ActiveTcl libraries will be
> installed.
>
> 2. Install ActiveTcl 8.4.7.0 or 8.5.0.0b2
>
> 3. Install the new tcltklib.so.
>
> Extract tcltklib.so from downloaded tcltklib-rb182vc7.zip.
> When <root> denotes your install directory of One Click Ruby
> Installer, copy tcltklib.so to <root>\lib\site_ruby\1.8
This should be <root>\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8

> That is all.
> Please try to run sample scripts of Ruby/Tk.
>
> # Ruby Installer installs the launcher script of Ruby/Tk Widget Demo
> # as "widget" (without extension). Probably, the file name is not
> # convenient on Windows. Please rename it to "widget.rb".
> --
> Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

gabriele renzi

Hidetoshi NAGAI ha scritto:
> From: "R. Mark Volkmann" <mark@ociweb.com>
> Subject: Re: ActiveTcl 8.4.7 or 8.5.0 with One Click Ruby Installer
> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:37:02 +0900
>
>>> When <root> denotes your install directory of One Click Ruby
>>> Installer, copy tcltklib.so to <root>\lib\site_ruby\1.8>>
>>This should be <root>\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8>
>
> You are right. Thank you for fixing my mistake.

I just noticed that ActiveTcl8.4.7's iconv.dll seem to be incompatible
with ruby-gnome2 0.11.
In case someone has an error like:

"Can't find DLL entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix for dynamic
library iconv.dll " (I'm guessing since I read the msg in italian :)

just switching the order of $tcldir and $gtkdir in the path seem to fix
it (i.e. let ruby search gtk's iconv.dll before tcl's). ActiveTcl still
seem to work fine.

Just in case someone could need this.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

R. Mark Volkmann

How can I request that a Tk widget have a fixed width?
For example, I have a TkOptionMenubutton that contains options of differing
lengths, but I don't want the width of the widget to change when different
options are selected.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

White Spirit

Maria wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2:31 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Well, let's get this in perspective.
>> It is largely a problem of Blacks stabbing Blacks (or more rarely
>> others). Take out those stats and the situation isn't much worse than it
>> was 20 years ago.

>> http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/article.asp...
>> The Whites on this list were killed by 'ethnics' - not other Whites.

> Is it though? Mr Black was on here the other day saying that Hull has
> a high rate of knife crime - not many black people there...

Maybe they're all wiggers?

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Maria wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2:31 pm, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Maria wrote:
>>> Large numbers of people are in despair at the number and types of
>>> knives being carried by people in Britain today, and a number of
>>> people in these groups have commented that may of us (including
>>> myself) used carry knives when we were kids but never hurt anyone with
>>> them. The worst incident I remember personally was watching someone
>>> stab himself in the foot playing that silly chicken game where you
>>> tried to throw the knife into the ground as near to your foot as you
>>> could get.
>>> People seem bemused as to what is causing the present phenomenon of
>>> knife-carrying, and I just wondered if it really is merely about
>>> prohibition - that knife carrying was normal and allowed when we were
>>> kids but now it isn't, so there is more risk and attraction to it.
>>> Every other type of behaviour prohibited by law seems to be more
>>> common after prohibition than before, though I have not heard one
>>> person in the public debate suggest it as a reason in this case.
>>> Do I recall correctly that the first person prosecuted ('to set an
>>> example') under the modern knife-carrying law was a carpet-fitter
>>> 'caught' with a Stanley Knife in the glovebox of his car?
>> Well, let's get this in perspective.
>> It is largely a problem of Blacks stabbing Blacks (or more rarely
>> others). Take out those stats and the situation isn't much worse than it
>> was 20 years ago.
>>
>> http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/article.asp...
>> The Whites on this list were killed by 'ethnics' - not other Whites.
>
> Is it though? Mr Black was on here the other day saying that Hull has
> a high rate of knife crime - not many black people there...

Clearly there is knife crime and 'knife crime'.
If a murder is indicative of the scale, which is likely, then the Black
community is vastly worse than the people of Hull.

All it might mean, for example, is that people in Hull have been caught
with a knife. That too is recorded as 'knife crime'. The real knife
crime is the number of people who have been attacked with knives.

--
Dirk

http://www.transcende... - Transcendence UK
Remote Viewing classes in London

Svenne

On 16 Jul, 17:46, Edster <m...@privacy.com> wrote:

> It said on the news the other day that crime amongst girls is
> increasing. Is that just amongst white girls? It didn't mention race,
> but the stock clip they showed just had white girls in it.

That's because it was about crime.

If the report was about getting top grade A levels the clip would have
shown bright young Muslim girls wearing chic designer headscarves with
perhaps a West Indian or two thrown in just for balance.

Svenne